I suggest you ...

Allow transform files suffix to be changed from .config

Hi, Great extension thank you. I'm using it to manage some sitecore configs and I am having the small problem that sitecore actually loads in all of the config files under a particular directory and injects them into the main config. This means that all of my transform files are getting loaded in causing no end of issues. Is there any way of changing the *.Release.config pattern to be something with a non ".config" suffix, ie *.Release.config.noinclude and have slowcheetah still do it's magic?

Thanks for your hard work.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Henry TaitHenry Tait shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh SalwenJosh Salwen commented  · 

We would love to have this feature. Currently we can't use SlowCheetah because of this issue.

• Sayed Ibrahim HashimiAdminSayed Ibrahim Hashimi (Admin, SlowCheetah) commented  · 

Hi Chris, I need to do a write up on how to contribute to SlowCheetah as well as re-organize the code a bit.
        In the mean time here is how I typically test changes.
        SlowCheetah is composed on 2 top level components. A VS package (a VSIX) and a NuGet package. The .targets file is shipped in the NuGet package.
        If you are editing the VS code (i.e. one of the menu commands) then you can edit the C# code and F5 to test.
        When making MSBuild changes I will modify the file slow-cheetah\SlowCheetah\Resources\Install\SlowCheetah.Transforms.targets then to test I build on the command line passing /p:SlowCheetahTargets=<full-path-to-that-file>. Visual Studio has some pretty aggressive caching of .targets files so it's easier to test from the command line.

Once all the .targets are in working condition you can test the full e2e by updating the version number in the .nuspec file (\slow-cheetah\NuGet\SlowCheetah.nuspec). You can execute the build script at slow-cheetah\build.cmd. If you create the folder 'C:\Temp\Nuget\LocalRepo\' the NuGet package will be copied there and you can add that location as a repo for NuGet. If you disable the other repos then when you install use the Add Transform gesture it should add the NuGet package from the local repo.

Let me know if you need more info here.

Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi

• Christopher BrixChristopher Brix commented  · 

I'm about to realize this feature request (I'll create a pull request for you once I'm finished).
        But I'm having a hard time understanding the workflow of your code. I was able to change the GUI (I added some options and a new dialog for choosing which extension should be used). But where can I change the code for the real transformation and the SlowCheetah.Transforms.targets? I noticed the .targets-file inside the folder "
        slow-cheetah / SlowCheetah / Resources / Install " and that it's copied to %AppData% by the PackageInstaller. But even when I delete these files, a new created solution still has a new working .targets-file.
        Could you please give me a hint where I can make the further changes?

Feedback and Knowledge Base